Flu/Cold/Respiratory Activity Notification (FAN)
NATIONAL, REGIONAL, AND MARKET-SPECIFIC TREND TRACKING
IQVIA’s FAN service delivers the most comprehensive understanding of seasonal upper respiratory illness in Canada.
FAN tracks the number of people affected by upper respiratory and flu symptoms. A proven proprietary methodology accurately predicts duration and severity at granular levels of geography and population demographics.
FAN helps identify opportunities to increase sales, reduce out-of-stocks, and pre-plan in-season events.
Key Features of the FAN Canada online notification service are:
- 30-week seasonal tracking
- Reporting on Affected Population, Symptoms, and Historic Trends
- Advisory Status flags to highlight changes in the market
- Statistics reported at three geographic levels; national, regional, and major market
- Forecast (4-week) reported by national, sub-national and symptom
- Weekly slide deck available for download with latest statistics
- Pediatric (12 and under) and Adult (13 and older) age groups
Key symptom tracking – Symptom trends can vary considerably nationally and provincially during the same season. It is critical to understand how these dynamics impact regional customers. FAN tracks five predominant symptoms – cough, sore throat, fever, nasal congestion, and flu-like symptoms – to provide subscribers with the key insights needed to refine strategies and maximize returns.
Weekly updates – FAN’s syndicated weekly reports provide advanced notice of changes in market behaviour.
Accurately predicts impact on flu/cold/upper respiratory remedies – Direct correlation between FAN data and medications (prescription data and over-the-counter).
||Click on the Icon to
Download the FacT Sheet